Zula's professional development program for trainers provides guidelines, interactive exploration, dialogue, modeling, and hands-on investigation supporting STEM and an inquiry-based approach to teaching and learning.
Sessions provide guidance and information for trainers so that they can successfully train their staff to implement the Zula STEM Exploration Program at their site.
• Understand how to teach their educators to incorporate an inquiry-based foundation to teaching and learning
• Understand how to teach their educators to use the Zula STEM modules easily and seamlessly with existing curriculum and teaching practices
• Become motivated and empowered to act as guides to their educators during training and implementation
• Understand a multidisciplinary, integrated approach to teaching
• Understand STEM and language arts can be extended from the classroom to the home, neighborhood, and community environments and strategies on how to achieve this
• Understand how to get their educators to effectively incorporate media literacy and strategies their educators can employ to encourage their students to build and use critical thinking and questioning skills
• Learn effective use of evaluation tools and how educators can employ them to assess children’s ongoing concept understanding, through traditional, performance-based, and portfolio-based assessments